Summer adventures await!
Choose from nearly 100 camp experiences
Downers Grove Park District summer camps include action-packed sport camps, unique specialty camps, traditional day camps and our ever-popular preschool camps! Take a swing at our golf camps or explore your historical side at one of our museum camps. It's your chance to play at the Downers Grove Park District.
The Downers Grove Park District will follow guidelines outlined by the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Development (DCEO) of the Restore Illinois Plan to provide a safe and healthy camp experience for families. Our staff is working diligently to make adaptations to our camps, as well as preparing extensive orientation and training for camp staff.
Modifications to Summer Camps:
- Smaller group sizes for all camps with limited interaction between groups
- Friend requests are not guaranteed. While we do our best to consider all friend requests when creating the camp groups, based on the DCEO guidelines, we have strict requirements on group sizes and keeping kids enrolled in the same times (including before and after care) together.
- Groups will be kept separate while at the camp site (30ft at a minimum)
- If children residing in the same household are registered for a camp that takes place at the same camp site (example: Lincoln Center), those children will be grouped together, regardless of age.
- Eliminating all field trips and pool days
- Playgrounds will not be available to campers
- Teen Trekkers will have a new home at Hummer Park (instead of the Recreation Center)
- Before and After Camp Care locations will be changed to take place at each camp site
- Lyman Woods Nature Camps will offer half day camps only. No full day options will be available for Summer 2020.
- The Lyman Woods Interpretive Center and the Lincoln Center will be closed to the general public during camp hours in Phase 3.
- A small "school supply" list will be sent home prior to the start of camp. We ask that you send your camper with these few supplies i a backpack each day. Those supplies will ONLY be used by your camper. The remaining supplies will be provided and cleaned between each use. Examples of supplies on the list may include: markers, crayons, glue stick, etc.
- Counselors will wear face coverings at all times
- Campers will be required to wear a cloth face covering outside when six feet of social distancing cannot be maintained and at all times indoors. Campers will be allowed to remove their masks when participating in an activity where six feet social distancing is maintained. Counselors will direct the campers when to put on and take off their face coverings
Note: Specific camp safety information per location will be emailed to each participant as we get closer to the start of camp - this information will include exact counselor to camper ratios, new drop off and pick up procedures, cleaning and disinfecting practices, handwashing requirements, indoor activity considerations, and illness policies.
New StayCamp Kits
StayCamp Kits will be available throughout the summer! These StayCamp kits are an at home camp-in-a-box kits that includes 3 hours of activities for 3 days per week for a variety of different camps and age groups. Each box will include detailed plans and the supplies needed for the planned games, crafts and activities for you to do at home! A limited number of kits will be available each week beginning June 8th. To purchase a kit, please visit www.dgparks.org and click on "register online" and then click on "search" a drop down menu will appear and you can click on "StayCamp Kits".
Registration deadline is the end of the day Wednesday prior to each week of camp beginning or until the camp fills to the maximum number of participants. Anyone registering after the Wednesday prior to camp week beginning will be waitlisted. If on the waitlist and a spot becomes available, you will receive notification from the Park District.
- Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until filled.
- For full-day camps, please bring a sack lunch, 2 snacks and a filled water bottle.
- All outdoor campers should bring sunscreen and insect repellent.
Cancellation/refund requests must be made by noon on the Monday prior to a camp week beginning (1 week prior) in order to qualify for a full refund. Any requests made after that time will only be granted a refund if the spot is filled by a waitlisted participant or if accompanied by doctor's note due to a medical reason. Notifications on the status of a refund request will be made by the Thursday prior to the start of camp.
Traditional Day Camp Payment Plan Option
Take advantage of our convenient payment plan offered to campers enrolled in our traditional day camps located at Lincoln Center and Hummer park. A $20 payment per each week of camp upon registration is all it takes to secure your child's spot for the summer!