Submitting a Refund Request
Refund requests can be submitted by completing a Refund Request Form in-person at one of the Park District registration desks or by submitting an online request at the link below. In some instances, programs can be self-cancelled in the household account through the online registration system.
Recreation Refund Policy
A refund request must be submitted to the District no later than 5 days prior to the start of a program in order to be considered for a full refund.
Recreation Refund Special Conditions:
- Refund requests received in less than 5 days prior to the start of a program will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If approved, the refund amount is subject to a $5 Administrative Service Fee except under the following circumstances:
- Request for refund is due to a satisfaction issue
- Refund is initiated by the Park District
- A Doctor's note is submitted with the request
- Registration is withdrawn within the first hour of initial registration
- Refunds will not be granted if notification is received in less than 5 days for programs where registration fees are $10 or less.
- No refund requests will be accepted after a program has ended.
- No refunds will be issued for non-attendance.
- The following programs are excluded from this policy: Adult Leagues, Trips, Lincoln Learning Center Preschool, NaturePlay School, The LINK Afterschool Program and Fitness Memberships.
- Golf rounds and driving range fees at the Downers Grove Golf Club are excluded from this policy.
- If a refund is approved for programs which issued passes/supplies, all items must be returned at the time of request or a pro-rated. These are subject to all applicable fees/charges for unreturned items.
- If originally purchased using a credit/debit card, refunds will be placed back to the credit card/debit used when possible. If the refund back to the credit card is not possible, a refund Check will be issued and made payable to the original payee & mailed within 7-10 days.
- If originally purchased by Cash or Check, refunds will be issued by Check. Refund Checks will be made payable to the original payee & mailed within 7-10 days.
- Refunds will not be issued in cash or as a household credit.
The DGPD promises to provide quality recreation programs & events, and we back up that promise by offering a satisfaction guarantee. If a participant is not satisfied with a recreational class in which he/she participated, we will arrange for one of the following: (1) repeat the class at no charge or (2) provide a full refund.
Satisfaction Guaranteed requests must be received prior to the 3rd class meeting date to be considered.
Satisfaction Guaranteed Special Conditions:
- Satisfaction Guaranteed does not apply to one-day programs, golf rounds, driving range fees, traditional full-day or half-day camps, adult sport leagues, food/beverages, fitness memberships, trips, daily admissions, tickets to entertainment or sport events.
- The District may deny any request, where a participant has been found to be taking advantage of the guarantee.
OTHER REFUND POLICIES
Lincoln Learning Center Preschool and NaturePlay Preschool Refund Policy
A pro-rated refund will be granted from the time the refund request is received and is subject to a $5 Administrative Service Fee. Initial enrollment fees are non-refundable.
The LINK Afterschool Program Refund Policy
Families may cancel out of The LINK Program at any time. All future bills will be cancelled. Paid monthly fees and initial enrollment fees are non-refundable.
Annual 4500 Fitness Membership Refund Policy
Annual Fitness Memberships may be cancelled at any time. EFT (monthly payments) memberships will be cancelled effective the date the notification is received. Paid monthly fees are non-refundable. Paid-in-Full memberships will receive a prorated refund from the time the refund request is received and is subject to $5 Administrative Service Fee. Initial enrollment fees are non-refundable.
Fitness Refund Special Conditions
- Personal Training Sessions are non-refundable
- Visit Passes are non-refundable.
- Premier Fitness Classes will follow the Recreation Refund Policy.
Facility, Pavilion & Field Rental Refund Policy
A refund request must be submitted to the District no later than 5 calendar days prior to the reservation date to receive a refund of deposit fees & rental fees less a 10% administrative fee. Refund requests received in less than 5 calendar days will result in forfeiture of deposit fees and receive a refund of rental fees less a 10% administrative fee.