- Registration is now open on a first come, first served basis.
- Cancellations/refund requests must be submitted at least 5 days prior to the start of a camp session to receive a full refund minus $5.
- Any refund requests received within 5 days of a camp session beginning will only be approved if accompanied by a doctor's note due to a medical reason and will be subject to a $10 cancellation fee.
- Self-cancellation prior to the deadline can be done online through your account or you can visit dgparks.org/request-a-refund to complete a refund request form. -
- No refunds will be given for missed camp days unless cancelled by the Park District.
Counselor in Training (C.I.T.) Program: Adventure Camp
July 10-21, July 31-August 11 | Ages 13-16
Location: Lincoln Center
Do you dream of one day becoming a camp counselor? This hands-on program will provide teens with the skills needed to be an effective leader when working with children. C.I.T.'s will work directly with camp staff by assisting with daily activities at Adventure Camp. This is a truly rewarding experience for young adults interested in working with children and serving as a role model. Fee includes T-shirt, all field trips and hands-on training.
COUNSELOR IN TRAINING (C.I.T.) PROGRAM: early childhood
June 19 to Aug. 16 | Ages 13-16
Location: Lincoln Center
Do you dream of one day becoming a camp counselor? This hands-on program will provide you with the skills needed to be an effective leader when working with children. C.I.T.'s will work directly with camp staff by assisting with daily activities at Exploration Station or Pee Wee Camps at the Lincoln Center. This is a truly rewarding experience for young adults interested in working with children and serving as a role model.
teen wilderness explorers
June 12 to Aug. 18 | Entering Grades 6-8
Location: Gilbert Park
Are you an outdoorsy person? Do you want to spend your summer exploring amazing natural spaces in the Chicago region and learn a thing or two about giving back to the environment? If so, then join our Teen Wilderness Explorers, where you will voyage and volunteer! Two days a week we will explore the wild areas around our base camp at Gilbert Park/Maple Grove Forest Preserve, two days we will explore Lyman Woods and practice ecological restoration; one day a week we will go on a fun field trip to a natural area in the Chicago region! Drop off and pick up will occur at Gilbert Park unless enrolled in Before and After Care. Participants will be transported to and from Gilbert Park and other sites for our weekly field trips and park visits by Lyman Woods staff. Weekly prices vary depending on field trip and filed trip activities and also include our camp t-shirt. Participants are responsible for bringing their own lunch and two mid-camp snacks. No camp July 3 and 4.
- Week of June 12-16: Lincoln Marsh (Cooperative Games)
- Week of June 19-23: Waterfall Glen (Fishing)
- Week of June 26-30: Bemis Woods (High Ropes Course)
- Week of July 5-7: Blackwell Forest Preserve (Kayaking)
- Week of July 10-14: Midewin Prairie (Bison & Geocaching)
- Week of July 17-21: Matthiessen State Park (Scavenger Hunts)
- Week of July 24-28: Cranberry Slough (Geocaching)
- Week of July 31-August 4: Big Rock (Fishing)
- Week of August 7-11: Busse Woods (Fishing)
- Week of August 14-18: Volo Bog (Scavenger Hunts & Geocaching)
June 12 to Aug. 11 | Entering Grades 6-8
Location: Recreation Center
Time: 9:00am - 5:30pm
This outdoor-based camp will keep teens entering 6th to 8th grade active and engaged this summer! Trekkers will swim once a week and have two to three field trips per week, which will include arcades, museums, water parks, laser tag, bowling, mini golf, amusement parks, sports, games, beaches and more! The structured camp day will end at 4:00pm. At 4:00pm, campers will be bussed to the Lincoln Center where we will combine all campers (Kinder Camp, both Adventure Camps, and Teen Trekkers) for the last 90 minutes of camp. Parents are free to pick up anytime between 4:00 - 5:30pm. Fee includes admission to field trips and a camp T-shirt to wear on field trip days. No camp July 3 and 4. Before care is available for an additional fee.