CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY
The Downers Grove Park District is proud to offer community events and recreation programs that promote fun, healthy and active lifestyles to participants of all ages. Our partnerships help to generate more visibility for your brand and provide opportunities to connect with targeted audiences in the community through pre-event promotions and onsite engagement.
For more information, contact Darby Beasley, Community Events & Sponsorship Specialist, at 630.960.7256 or email@example.com.
Summer concert series
Every other Tuesday, May 25-August 17
6 to 8:30pm (Concerts begin at 7pm)
Kick back, relax and enjoy free, live music all summer long at Veterans Memorial Pavilion in Fishel Park! The open-air concerts feature 13 weeks of rock, country, blues and oldies music starting at 7 pm. This family-friendly summer hotspot includes food trucks, beer and wine.
LIVE CONCERTS: 1,500-2,000 VISITORS PER WEEK
In the event that state guidelines do not permit in-person concerts in 2021, the Summer Concert Series will held in a virtual format. If this is the case, additional recognition opportunities will be provided.
bbq bolt run/walk
Saturday, Aug. 28
8am to noon
The BBQ BOLT brings the community together to celebrate the end of summer with fitness and fun! The race finishes with a post-race Picnic in the Park featuring BBQ, beer, sponsor tents, awards and festivities for all ages! Participants can choose their option--5K, 1-mile or virtual race.
APPROXIMATELY 450 PARTICIPANTS & VOLUNTEERS
As part of our strategic plan, Downers Grove Park District seeks to create meaningful relationships that can develop potential partnership opportunities.
Partnerships with community organizations, local businesses and other government agencies are essential for our success. Partnerships save tax dollars, help parks and recreation make life better in our community, and are the pathway to efficiency. Our goal moving forward is to secure partnerships to leverage existing resources for greater outcomes in serving you.
- Village of Downers Grove
- Forest Preserve District of DuPage County
- Chamber 630
- Pierce Downer Heritage Alliance
- Downers Grove Cougars Wrestling - YOUTH WRESTLING
- Downers Grove Economic Development Corporation
- Grove Players
- Grove Foundation
- Downers Grove Historical Society
- Downers Grove Downtown Management
- Downers Grove Heritage Preservation Corporation
- DG Noon Lions 5K Labor of Love
- Sports Affiliate Groups
The Downers Grove Park District supports local agencies and not-for-profit groups through in-kind donations such as golf course, miniature golf or fitness passes. Donations are available upon request to organizations with 501(c) status, or American tax-exempt, non-profit corporations or associations within the boundaries of Downers Grove. Donations for agencies outside of Downers Grove are made at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Organizations and fundraising activities may include:
To qualify, please send the following information no later than 30 days prior to your event:
- School fun fairs, student incentives, school functions, etc.
- Community agencies/organizations, neighborhood group events, churches, and other not-for-profit groups for their fundraising efforts.
Requests can be made via:
- Flier or letter describing the event including the organization's name, event name and date and purpose of the requested donation
- Letter of 501(c)3 status
- Email to Darby Beasley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to the Downers Grove Park District, Attn: Darby Beasley, 2455 Warrenville Road, Downers Grove, IL 60515