open daily from 7:30AM to 10PM
Sport Court Features
- Energy-efficient LED lighting with push button controls (court lights will automatically turn off at 10pm)
- 8 dedicated pickleball courts
- 3 dedicated tennis courts plus 3 tennis courts which can be converted for an additional 8 temporary pickleball courts
Visitors May Bring
- Chairs into the tennis/pickleball courts for waiting and viewing
- Portable pickleball nets for use on the center courts
- Please note: Park District programs and lessons take priority over open play on the tennis/pickleball courts.
Adult Pickleball Clinics
See what pickleball is all about! Participants will be given a brief overview of the game and learn some beginner techniques. In the beginner clinics, players will learn the rules of the game, scoring, and play format along with the basic forehand, backhand, volley, serve, and basic strategies of the game. In the advanced clinic, players learn strategy and tactics, including split steps, serve and returns, dinks and 3rd shot drop, how to slice and put top spin on the ball.
Adult Pickleball Lessons
Join the pickleball craze! Pickleball, a game that combines elements of tennis, badminton and ping pong, is sweeping the country. Pickleball players use paddles and whiffle balls to play on a badminton-sized court with a slightly modified tennis net. Pickleball is a recreational game that is designed to encourage an active lifestyle. This class is for those who have never played pickleball before or who have very limited experience with the sport. It will focus on pickleball basics such as forehand and backhand shots, serving, and court positioning.
Youth Pickleball Lessons
Ready to try the fastest growing sport in America? Pickleball is a fun sport that combines many elements of tennis, badminton and ping pong. Pickleball can be enjoyed by all ages and skill levels and is a fantastic hobby for young players for the same reason it is great for adults. The nature of the game is a strong equalizer from a skill-based perspective. We will cover pickleball basics such as grip, forehand, backhand and dink shots, serving and court positioning.