WHAT TO BRING TO CAMP EACH DAY
- Change of clothes
- Filled re-fillable water bottle
- Sunscreen (arrive already applied - sunscreen is for re-applying)
WHAT TO WEAR TO CAMP EACH DAY
- Comfortable clothing that can get messy/wet/muddy
- Closed toed shoes/boots with socks
Cancellation/refund requests must be made at least 5 days prior to the start of a camp session in order to qualify for a full refund. Any requests received less than 5 days prior to the start of a camp session will only be approved if accompanied by a doctor's note due to a medical reason. Self-cancellation prior to the deadline can be done online through your account or you can visit www.dgparks.org/request-a-refund to complete a refund request form. No refunds will be given for missed camp days unless cancelled by the park district.
Participant information/emergency forms
- The Downers Grove Park District will be utilizing ePACT for camper information/emergency forms. Within 1 week of your camp registration, you should receive an email from ePACT to set up an account and complete your camper's electronic information/emergency forms.
- Information/emergency forms for each camper must be completed through ePACT no later than the Wednesday prior to your child's first camp session and you only need to fill out the forms once regardless of how many camps your child is enrolled in.
- Campers will not be allowed to attend camp until the information/emergency forms are completed.
- If your camper is enrolled in a program that is currently using the ePACT system, you only need to update your child's information if something has changed.
Parents will receive a "Welcome to Camp" email by May 26, 2023 with general camp information including what to wear to camp, what to bring to camp and camp policies. Please note, snacks and lunches are not provided at any camp. Following the initial communication, each camp will be emailed no later than the Friday prior to each session with specific camp information for the upcoming week.
June 11 to Aug. 2 | Ages 4-5
Choose 3 days or 5 days! Exploration Station is designed for campers familiar with Preschool or who will be entering Preschoool in the Fall. Campers have a blast making new friends in a supportive atmosphere. Creativity and imagination abound as campers actively engage in their world through arts and crafts, stories, songs, indoor and outdoor games and free play time. Camp activities enhance social skills and ease separation anxiety. Children must be toilet-trained (no Pull-Ups). Participants must turn 4 or 5 by September 1st.
pee wee camp
June 11 to Aug. 1 | Age 3-4
Pee Wee Camp is designed to help young children transition into a structured program. A caring and comforting environment helps foster independence and socialization. Creative expression, circle time and motor skill development will help your child get ready for their next classroom adventure. Pull-Ups/training pants are permitted for campers who are working on potty-training skills. Participants must turn 3 or 4 by September 1.
July 22 to Aug. 2 | Age 5-6
Safety Town is a nationally recognized safety education program presented by the Downers Grove Police Department, Downers Grove Junior Woman's Club, Downers Grove Park District and teen volunteers. A mini safety town, complete with kid-sized buildings, street signs and sidewalks, provides an environment where children learn pedestrian, passenger and at home safety. Children ride big wheel trikes and enjoy visits by local school bus and fire department staff, while learning bike, school bus and fire safety lessons. On the last day of each session, children will receive a certificate and share their learning experience. Each child receives an official Safety Town T-shirt and class picture. A detailed program outline is provided prior to the start of the program.
Little learners parent-tot camp
June 11 to Aug. 1 | Age 2-3
This program is designed to be a starting point for transitioning children into the classroom setting--perfect for children who will be joining our 2-year-old preschool program in the fall! Parents will attend with their little one, while they go through a modified version of our preschool day and become familiar with the preschool routine!