Popular programs will fill up fast! Register early to guarantee your spot. Unless specified on the program information, registration is a first-come, first-serve basis.
is your Online Account Registration Ready?
We suggest you make sure you can access your online account prior to the initial day of registration . Please keep in mind that on the initial day of registration for our seasonal guides, our registration team may be assisting others which can result in longer wait-times.
Once you're logged in, check your account information.
- Make sure all family members are included in your account prior to registering.
- Make sure all family members birthdates and genders are correct
- Make sure your email address is correct
- Check your residency status
- Check age requirements on programs you intend to enroll in to see if you meet the criteria.
Checking these items can help enhance your registration experience! If you need assistance with your account, please contact us at 630.960.7500, Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm or email us at email@example.com
AGE REQUIREMENTS & EXCEPTIONS
Appropriate age levels are established to ensure a rewarding experience for all. Individuals who do not meet the age requirements of a class must obtain an approval from a supervisor. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis during the Nonresident registration period. If you wish an age exception to be considered, please submit an Age Exception Request form. If approved, enrollment will be subject to program availability at time of approval. A completed registration form and payment must also be received prior to enrollment.
Age exceptions will not be considered for Lincoln Learning or NaturePlay preschool students who must be age appropriate by Sept. 1.
Did You Know?
- Nonresidents of the Park District who pay taxes into school districts 58 and/or 99 may be eligible for resident fees if the program utilizes a school facility. Those who qualify can register via all registration methods during the resident registration period. To see if you are eligible, please contact us at 630.960.7500, Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nonresidents of the Park District who hold an active annual Fitness Membership at 4500 Fitness may register for Premier Fitness Classes during the resident registration period via all registration methods.
- You can self-cancel most programs through your online account by logging in and clicking on My Account. If you choose this method of canceling, we require up to 8 days prior to the begin date and you will receive a check within 7-10 business days. If you no longer wish to remain on a waitlist, you may also remove the waitlist enrollment in the same manner.
All newly created households entered in our system are audited within 48 hours for potential duplicate accounts and for residency status in the Downers Grove Park District. If your address falls within park district boundaries and we cannot verify your ownership or residency at that address, you will be contacted to provide proof of residency. Your account will be changed to a non-resident status until your residency can be established. If your Downers Grove address does not pay taxes into the Downers Grove Park District you are considered as a nonresident in the Downers Grove Park District.
Most programs will have a limited number of waitlist spots available once a program becomes full. When registering online and the class reads as FULL - this means we have met the maximum number of waitlisted spots available for that program. We will reach out to the waitlist only if a spots become available in the program.
Youth Sports Leagues Registration
- To give our staff time to form teams and find coaches, registration for our in-house sports leagues generally take place with the seasonal guide prior to season the league begins. Example: Spring Soccer will be found in our Winter Recreational Guide; Fall Soccer will be found in our Summer Recreational Guide, etc.