We still have availability for the 2018-2019 school year! Stop by the Lincoln Center to register or call 630-963-1300 for information!
For a tour of the Lincoln Learning Center please email Sara Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the historic Lincoln School from 1867 to 1974, the Lincoln Community Center is ideally suited as a Preschool. Our facility offers:
- Six bright, colorful and well-equipped classrooms
- Small class sizes taught by professional and qualified teachers
- Indoor gym & outdoor play areas
- Nut-free classrooms
- Inclusion services available through SEASPAR
- Local walking field trips and family field trips
Safe & Secure
Safety is our number one priority at the Lincoln Learning Center. In order to ensure a safe environment for your children, the Lincoln Learning Center has implemented the procedures below
- The Lincoln Learning Center now has it's own wing of the Lincoln Center. The classrooms are dedicated to this program.
- Ten minutes after the start of class, the Preschool and TotSchool floors hallway doors are locked and remain locked until ten minutes prior to the end of class. The Lincoln Center installed automatic locks on the hallway doors to increase access control.
- Individual classroom doors will be locked five minutes after the start of class and will remain locked until dismissal time.
- Parents who arrive late or need to pick up their child early will need to check in at the front desk to have the hallway doors opened.
- All teachers and staff at the Lincoln Center wear photo ID badges.
- The registration office is located right inside the main lobby of the Lincoln Center - giving staff a visual of everyone entering the building, as well as a visual of both Preschool and TotSchool floors.
We provide an optional curbside drop-off and pick-up program. Parents can either escort their child to the preschool classroom or parents can choose to participate in an optional curbside drop-off and pick-up program. At the end of the day, children are individually released to their parent or designated carpool person. Departure sign-out sheets are used daily.
A variety of Preschool supplemental enrichment programs are offered throughout the course of each school year to children enrolled in 2, 3 or 4 year old Preschool. Those programs include: 3rd day option for 2.5-year-old Preschool; Preschool Connection for 3-year-old Preschool; Ready, Set, Kindergarten for 4/5-year-old Preschool; and Spanish, Math and Science classes for all Preschool ages. Class information for supplemental programs will be available in the Fall 2018 guide, as well as online.
The Downers Grove Park District Early Childhood enrichment programs offer year-round fun and learning for you and your child - even if you are not enrolled in the Lincoln Learning Center Preschool. Early childhood classes help children gain independence and learn new skills through developmentally appropriate activities. Enjoy family programs geared for parent, child and sibling involvement.
Choose from programs that feature arts and crafts, music and movement, dance, gymnastics, sports and games, social play, camps and more.
Weekly themes, creative expression, circle time and large and fine motor skill development help your child get ready for 3-year-old preschool. Class structure is consistent with all preschool classes and independence and socialization are emphasized. Participants receive priority registration for 3 year old preschool the following school year. Children must turn 3, between September 2, 2018 - March 1, 2019 to register for the 2018-2019 school year.
2.5 Year Old Class Schedule Options for 2018-2019 - Now 2 hours!
|Tu/Th||9:00 - 11:00 am
|Tu/Th||11:30 am - 1:30 pm|
|M/W||9:00 - 11:00 am|
Perfect for the new early learner, the three-year old program helps foster socialization and independence while introducing children to the classroom setting. Through teacher-guided activities, children learn to follow simple directions, make new friends and share with others in a group. Activities promote fine motor development through creative arts, cutting and gluing. Children are introduced to shape, number and color recognition through Show & Tell and themed activities and large motor skills are enhanced through gym, creative movement activities and outdoor play. Children must turn 3, but not yet 4 by September 1, 2018 to enroll in 3 year old Preschool for the 2018-2019 school year.
3-Year-Old Class Schedule Options for 2018-2019
|Tu/Th||8:45 - 11:15 am or 12:00 - 2:30 pm
|Tu/W/Th||8:45 - 11:15 am|
|M/W||8:45 - 11:15 am
Experienced learners prepare for Kindergarten in programs designed for continued enrichment. Children develop readiness skills through exposure to upper and lower case letters, sound recognition, reading and writing activities, math concepts and color and shape review. Social skills and problem solving are enhanced through unstructured play and teacher-directed group activities. Children explore and learn about the community through local field trips and community visitors. Children must turn 4 or 5 years old, but not yet 6 by September 1, 2018 to enroll in 4/5 year old preschool for the 2018-2019 school year. Note: Child must be enrolled in the Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday 8:45 - 11:15am class in order to register for the Monday Add On.
4-Year-Old Class Schedule Options for 2018-2019
|Tu/Th||8:45 - 11:15 am|
|M/W/F||8:45 - 11:15 am|
|Tu/W/Th||8:45 - 11:15 am or 12:00 - 2:30 pm
|M/Tu/W/Th||12:00 - 2:30 pm|
|Monday Add On
||8:45 - 11:15 am|