Downers Grove Museum, 831 Maple Ave., Downers Grove
Satisfy your thirst for knowledge while having fun at the same time! The Downers Grove Museum offers history-related, week-long half day summer camps of varying topics to appeal to all ages and interests. Learn about interesting aspects of history or acquire a new skill through fun and engaging activities.
- Registration is currently open! Registration deadline is the Wednesday prior to a camp session week or until the camp fills to the maximum number of participants.
2022 Museum Summer Camp Parent Manual
Participant Information/emergency forms
- Information/emergency forms for each camper must be completed no later than the Wednesday prior to each camp session through our new ePACT system.
- Within 1 week of your camp registration, you should receive an email from ePACT to set up an online account and complete your camper's electronic information/emergency forms.
- If you camper is enrolled in a program that is currently using the ePACT system, you only need to update your child's information if something has changed.
- Your camper will not be allowed to attend camp until the information/emergency forms are completed.
WHAT TO BRING TO CAMP EACH DAY
- Change of clothes
- 1 snack
- Filled re-fillable water bottle
- Sunscreen (arrive already applied - sunscreen is for re-applying)
WHAT TO WEAR TO CAMP EACH DAY
- Comfortable clothing that can get messy/wet/muddy
- Closed toed shoes/boots with socks
Cancellation/refund requests must be made at least 5 days prior to the start of a camp session in order to qualify for a full refund. Any requests received less than 5 days prior to the start of a camp session will only be approved if accompanied by a doctor's note due to a medical reason. Self-cancellation prior to the deadline can be done online through your account or you can visit www.dgparks.org/request-a-refund to complete a refund request form. No refunds will be given for missed camp days unless cancelled by the park district.
AMERICAN GIRL DOLL CAMP: June 13 - 17
It's all about friendship and girl power at this week-long camp! Get to know some of your favorite American Girls with fun crafts, stories, and adventures. Bring along your favorite doll! Boys are welcome! Age: 6-9
YOUR FUTURE IN HISTORY: June 20 - 24
Calling all history lovers! Have you ever wondered what jobs you can have that utilize your love of history? Join us at the Downers Grove Museum as we explore the different careers that lovers of history can enjoy such as archaeologists, museum workers, architects and more! Age: 7-10
TIME TRAVELER CAMP: June 27 - July 1
Do you ever wish you could travel back in time? Come along with us in the Museum Time Machine to discover what life was like in the past! Each day we will visit a new period in time and explore what life was like through hands-on activities, games and more. Age: 7-10
PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES: July 11 - 15
Join us as at the Downers Grove Museum as we travel through time discovering the evolution of transportation. From the discovery of the wheel, to today's planes, trains and automobiles, we'll take a look at how these inventions changed the way people viewed the world through fun hands-on games and activities. Age: 5-8
MESSY AND EXPLODING ART CAMP: July 18 - 22
Paint with rockets, make exploding concoctions, and sculpt with gooey slime! Wear clothes that can get messy during this camp that combines art and science. Age: 9-12
JR. MESSY AND EXPLODING ART CAMP: July 25 - 29
We've expanded our Messy and Exploding Art Camp for our younger campers. Now they, too, can paint with rockets, make exploding concoctions and sculpt with gooey slime! Wear clothes that can get messy during this camp that combines art and science. Age: 5-8
YOUNG EXPLORERS CAMP: Aug. 1 - 5
Young Explorers, come join us on an adventure through history. We'll travel back in time to discover how lands were explored through fun hands-on activities and games. Age: 5-8
FUN WITH FAIRYTALES: Aug. 8 - 12
Join us as we explore some of the most popular fairytales of the 1800s. We'll engage in fun activities and games relating to some of the more well-known fairytales and learn a few differences between the stories told over 100 years ago to children and the ones still told today. Age: 5-8
HISTORY MYSTERIES DETECTIVES CAMP: Aug. 15 - 19
Practice your sleuthing skills at the Museum! Solve a new mystery every day in the 1892 Blodgett House, throughout the museum campus, and even in Downtown Downers Grove! Age: 7-10