PHASE 5 UPDATE
The State remains on track to move to Phase 5 of the Restore Illinois Plan on Friday, June 11. The Downers Grove Park District is no longer required to limit capacity in our facilities. Reservations are no longer required for 4500 Fitness, Group Exercise Classes and the Indoor Walking Track. Advance reservations are still required for Open Gym. Face coverings and social distancing are still recommended for all individual who are not fully vaccinated.
Pickleball and Badminton Open Gyms are available by reservation only.
Basketball, Volleyball and Parent/Child Gymnastics Open Gyms are unavailable until further notice.
Downers Grove Recreation Center | 4500 Belmont Rd., Downers Grove
Pickleball and Badminton Open Gyms are back!
Practice your moves, meet your friends, prepare for leagues, and stay active at the Recreation Center.
Spots are limited to 12 players and are available on a first-come, first-served basis through our online registration system. A minimum of 4 players is needed for the open gym to take place.
*A registration deadline of 12 pm on day prior will determine if the open gym will run. Registered participants will be notified if cancelled for the day and daily admissions will be refunded.
*Sunday Badminton deadline will be 12 noon on the prior Friday.
Open gym schedules are updated the week before the beginning of each month and are available online at www.dgparks.org or at the Recreation Center Fitness Desk, 4500 Belmont Road.
Badminton/Pickleball - 14 years and older
Fees are collected when registering through our online registration system.
- 4500 Fitness Center annual membership includes free admission to all open gyms except batting cages and parent/tot gymnastics. You must still register to attend. If your membership is active, no fees will be placed in the shopping cart when registering. If you have a suspended membership, you will need to pay the daily admission.
- Admission is also available by paying a daily admission. You must register to attend.
- Downers Grove Park District residents can purchase a punch pass for all open gyms except batting cages. Play passes cannot be shared and visits expire one year from date of purchase. If you have an active Play Pass with remaining visits, no fees will be placed in the shopping cart. You must still register to attend.
Daily Open Gym Rates
- Residents: $5
- Non-residents: $7
Single User Play Passes
- Residents: 10 visits for $40 and 20 visits for $80
- Non-residents: 10 visits for $60 and 20 visits for $120
Check In Process
All participants must check in at our Fitness or Registration Desk before entering the gym at each visit. Fitness members are required to scan their key fob. Participants with Play Passes will have a visit removed. Participants paying the daily admission should bring an ID or your paid receipt.
Each participant in any open gym program is given a wristband that must be worn during the entire open gym time. Wristbands show proof of check-in and payment and help Park District staff control the number of participants in the gym. Anyone not wearing a wristband will be asked to leave the gym. Re-entry will be allowed only if spots are available and payment is made.
Equipment and Court Availability
Racquets, paddles, birdies and balls are available. Days, times and number of courts are subject to change based on gym availability. Please be sure to register prior to the deadline!