Garden Plots at Mar-Duke Farm
The Mar-Duke Farm garden plots are located at 6800 S. Main Street, between Greenbriar Medical Center and Divine Savior Church. Full plots are approximately 20' x 30'. Half plots are approximately 20' x 15'. Six elevated plots, 4' x 11' are available on a first-come, first-served basis to persons with disabilities and gardeners who cannot work at ground level (one per person).
The Mar-Duke Phone number is 331.777.4355.
Garden Plots are now OPEN for the 2020 Season!
2020 Garden Plot Fees
|Full Plots||Half Plots (26 available)
ADA Raised Beds (6 available)
|Senior Resident (Age 62+)||$32||$24|
|Senior Non-resident (Age 62+)||$45||$34|
|January 2||Plot renewals open for returning gardeners|
|February 27||Plot renewals close for returning gardeners|
|March 7||Plot rentals open to all gardeners|
|April 23||Additional organic plots open to returners|
|May 31||Deadline for all plot rentals|
|DATE EXTENDED to June 8||All plots must be planted|
|October 31||Last day of gardening season|
Plots not renewed by February 27 will be open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis from 9am to 12pm on Saturday, March 7, at the Lincoln Center, 935 Maple Avenue. No plot exchanges will be considered during this event.
NEW COVID-19 RULES AND MODIFICATIONS
In accordance to Governor Pritzker's Executive Order and following CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Downers Grove Park District is asking gardeners to adhere to the following rules and guidelines. Additional general gardener rules are available in the Garden Plot Manual.
- It is CRUCIAL that you maintain social distancing during your visit to Mar-Duke Farm. This means keeping a 6-foot distance from others outside of your household.
- Playground is closed until further notice. Children should be supervised at all times and maintain social distance from others.
- If you are unable to maintain a 6-foot distance from others, we recommend wearing a face covering.
- Bring disinfectant wipes with you to wipe pump handles before and after use.
- Do not share tools with other gardeners. Wearing protective gloves is highly recommended.
- Please take home or properly dispose of any trash (facial tissues, used wipes, gloves, masks, food or drink refuse, etc.)
- No bathrooms or drinking fountain will be available in May (reopening to be determined).
- Parking is permitted on both sides of the road to enable social distancing.
New in 2020!
Half-sized plots! These plots are approximately 20 x 15 and a limited number will be available. Gardeners may rent only one (1) of these plots.
To assist with security at the garden plots, all registered gardeners will receive two parking tags. Tags should be displayed from the rearview mirror of your vehicle and be visible during your time at the garden plots. Further information on the distribution of the tags and more details of the program will be sent to you, as the season gets underway.
- An email will be sent to all registered gardeners.
- An announcement will be posted to this page.
- An announcement will be available on the Mar-Duke hotline at 331.777.4355.
To check the status of garden plots, to report a hydrant leak or other problem with the plots, please call 331.777.4355.
Should illegal activities, such as theft, alcohol use, malicious damage, illegal dumping, etc. be observed, please contact the Downers Grove Police Department at 630.434.5600.