Lincoln Center, 935 Maple Ave., Downers Grove
SUMMER CAMP information
- Resident registration begins at 9am on Monday, April 26.
- Non-resident registration begins at 9am on Monday, May 3.
- Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A list of items your camper will need to bring daily is available online, as well as in the parent manual that will be emailed to you closer to the start of camp.
- Electronic participant information forms will need to be completed prior to your child's first day of camp. The link to the forms will be available online soon and will be emailed.
- Snacks and lunch are not provided by the Park District.
- All campers should arrive to camp dressed in comfortable clothes that can get messy, socks, and gym shoes.
- No refunds will be given for missed camp days unless cancelled by the Park District.
TRADITIONAL CAMP PAYMENT PLAN OPTION
- Take advantage of our convenient payment plan offered to campers enrolled in Kinder Camp and Adventure Camp. When selecting this option, upon registration you will be charged a $20 payment for each week of camp, a $5 payment per each week of before camp and a $5 payment per each week of after camp. The remainder of the fees will be processed automatically using the credit card you used when enrolling in each session.
- If choosing the payment plan option, the automatic payment process will take place on May 15 for camp sessions 1 - 3; June 15 for camp sessions 4 - 6; and July 15 for camp sessions 7 - 9.
Registration deadline is the end of the day Wednesday prior to each week of camp or until the camp fills to the maximum number of participants. Anyone registering after the Wednesday prior to a camp session beginning will be waitlisted. If on the waitlist and a spot becomes available, you will receive notification from the District.
Cancellation/refund requests must be made the Monday prior to a camp session beginning (one week prior) in order to qualify for a full refund. Any requests made after that time will only be granted a refund if the spot is filled by a waitlisted participant or if accompanied by a doctor's note due to a medical reason. Notifications on the status of a refund request will be made by the Thursday prior to the start of camp.
COVID-19 CAMP INFORMATION
- All camps will follow the most current State of Illinois COVID-19 mitigation guidelines in place at the start of each camp session.
- Specific safety guidelines and illness policy is located in the parent manual that is emailed out to parents prior to the start of each session.
- Face Covering Policy for Adventure Camp and Kinder Camp: In accordance with the guidelines issued by the Office of the Governor on June 4, face coverings and social distancing are no longer required for fully vaccinated individuals. The State of Illinois and the Downers Grove Park District continues to recommend that face coverings be worn indoors and outdoors for all program participants who are not fully vaccinated. Face coverings for campers and unvaccinated staff will not be required while outdoors at camp. If campers are indoors and are able to stay in their assigned pod separated from other camp pods, face coverings for unvaccinated individuals will be recommended, not required. Face coverings for unvaccinated individuals will be required if: 1. A camp group is combined with another group while indoors. 2. while riding on a bus/vehicle, 3. at certain field trip venues and 4. At various times indoors depending on the size of the room and group. All campers will need to bring a least 2 face coverings in their backpack each day. Vaccinated and/or unvaccinated staff, parents and participants may choose to wear a face covering during non-required times.
participant information form
What to Bring to Camp Each Day
- Change of clothes
- 2 snacks
- Filled re-fillable water bottle
- Face coverings for indoors, bus transportation and field trips.
- Sunscreen (arrive already applied - sunscreen is for re-applying)
- Insect Repellant (arrive already applied)
- Art Supplies: please see list below for what to bring each day in your camper's backpack.
In efforts to reduce the amount of shared supplies we are asking that every camper bring the following items to camp every day in his/her backpack. These items will be used by your camper ONLY and not shared. All other art supplies will be sanitized before and after each use.
- 1 box of crayons - box of 24 or less
- 1 box of washable markers
- 1 box of colored pencils
- 1 bottle of glue
- 2 glue sticks
- 3 pencils with erasers
- Blunt tipped scissors
What to wear to camp eACh day
- Comfortable clothing that can get messy/wet/muddy
- Closed toed shoes/boots with socks
- Face covering/mask (recommended, but not required)
FIELD TRIP INFORMATION
- For camps that offer field trips, our goal is to be able to take the campers on field trips for the summer of 2021. This will depend on which phase of the State of Illinois mitigation plan is in place during the summer, as well as field trip location availability.
- If field trips are limited or cancelled, the fee for the camp session will remain the same, as we will provide other onsite activities in place of the field trip. You will be notified as far in advance as possible regarding the status of field trips.
- Field trip locations will be focused on outdoor locations as much as possible, but some indoor locations may be included.
- No refunds will be given if you choose to not send your child to camp on a field trip day.
June 14 to Aug. 13
Adventure Camp This full-day, week-long camp for children entering grades 1 to 6 will keep kids having fun all summer! Every day brings something new, including arts and crafts, sports and special events. It is our goal is to offer campers one field trip, entertainer or special event per week. Depending on enrollment, Adventure Camp 3rd-6th grade may be moved to Hummer Park. Field trips, entertainers and special events will depend on what phase of the State of Illinois mitigation plan is in place during the summer, as well as field trip location availability. Summer camp calendar will be available in May. No camp Monday, July 5.
|Entering 1st-6th Grade
||M-F||9am-4pm||Lincoln Center||$170/$200 (Week 4 Fees: $136/$166)
JUNE 14 TO AUG. 13
Check out this new camp just for children entering kindergarten! This camp incorporates age-appropriate camp activities, art projects, group games and much more! It is our goal to offer campers one field trip, entertainer or special event per week. Field trips, entertainers and special events will depend on what phase of the State of Illinois mitigation plan is in place during the summer, as well as field trip and entertainer availability. Summer camp calendar will be available in May. No camp Monday, July 5.
|Entering Kindergarten||M-F||9am-4pm||Lincoln Center||$170/$200 (Week 4 Fees: $136/$166)
before & after care
JUNE 14 TO AUG. 13
|M-F||7-9am||$50/$75 (Week 4: $40/$60)|
Need summer camp care past 4 pm? Take advantage of our after care program for Kinder Camp and Adventure Camp. Before care is from 4:00 - 6:00pm at the Lincoln Center.
|M-F||4-6pm||$50/$75 (Week 4: $40/$60)