Youth Flag Football
NFL Flag Football's mission is to provide safe and enjoyable recreational activities for all players and their families regardless of skill level. We emphasize positive coaching, healthy lifestyles, and we work to foster an environment where all children are given the opportunity to succeed. Teaching and emphasizing the importance of sportsmanship, discipline and life skills are some of the many aspects instilled by our coaches, parents, and administration. Each child that participates in the Downers Grove Park District will experience life lessons that go far beyond the game of football. It is our goal to provide the children of Downers Grove and its neighboring communities with an opportunity to participate in a wonderful affordable recreational program.
VOLUNTEER COACH FORM
- Players will receive their uniform (Jersey and Flag Belt) at the first weeks practice. Official NFL Flag Powered by USA Football NFL Jerseys must be worn during play.
- Football cleats are encouraged but no required. (No metal cleats tips)
- Players may tape their forearms, hands and/ or fingers. Players may wear gloves, elbow pads, and knee pads.
- NO metal or hard objects in hair and no jewelry.
- Players' jerseys must be tucked into pants if they hang below the belt line. Pants or shorts with belt loops or pockets must be taped.
- Mouthguards are strongly encouraged but not required.
The flag football league referenced herein (Flag League) is officially licensed by NFL Properties LLC, but none of the National Football League (NFL), its member clubs, NFL Ventures, L.P. or any of their respective affiliates or subsidiaries are sponsoring or operating the Flag League or will have any liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in the Flag League. All NFL-related logos and marks, including, without limitation, the NFL Flag logo, are trademarks of the NFL or the respective member club.