Youth Basketball Leagues
Basketball leagues are offered in the summer, fall and winter. During the fall and winter Leagues, an eight-week season is played on weekend mornings at the Recreation Center. Practices are held once a week at a District 58 school for one hour. During the summer season, two weeks of practice are followed by games on Wednesday nights only. Our goal is to keep players from the same school on the same team. Should enrollment and roster numbers not accommodate this, then players from different schools may be combined to form teams. Divisions are divided by grades ranging from Kindergarten through 8th grade. Check the seasonal guide for early registration dates.
Important Basketball Update!
As you may already be aware, Governor Pritzker has moved basketball from a "Medium Risk" sport to a "High Risk" sport in regards to the state's Restore Illinois Plan. Guidelines for our Youth Basketball leagues will change based upon the latest rulings. For more information on the guidelines, please visit the link below.
Summer 2021 Youth Basketball
- Registration Begins: March 8
- Registration Deadline: April 27
- League Start & End Date (Tentative): May 12 - July 21
- League Capacity: TBD
- Youth Basketball will focus on a different aspect of basketball each week with sample drills and exercises.
- "Teams" will be limited in size across all grade levels. No more than 10 players per team
- All players & coaches must wear a mask at all times - both when on the bench and when playing on the court - no exceptions.
- Team benches will be extended along the entire sidelines to promote social distancing.
- There will be NO weekly practices at District 58 schools.
- No Jersey's will be used.
- Each player will be allowed only one spectator/parent to attend scrimmages. This will ensure we do not exceed our maximum group sizes and can ensure proper social distancing.
- All players, coaches, and spectators will have their temperatures checked before they enter the Recreation Center each week. If the temperature is above 100.3 degrees, they will not be allowed to enter the building.
- All spectators must wear masks at all times while in the Recreation Center - no exceptions
- Registration takes place online only
Information for all Basketball Divisions
Volunteer coaches introduce participants to the fundamentals of playing basketball through practices and weekend games. The league emphasizes proper techniques, knowledge of the rules, team strategy, participation and fun!
The Park District Youth Basketball League relies on volunteer coaches and every team must have a coach. Anyone interested in coaching should fill out the above Volunteer Coaches form and email to Josh Williams at email@example.com. *Both new and returning coaches need to fill out the form*