CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY
The Downers Grove Park District is proud to offer community events and recreation programs that promote fun, healthy and active lifestyles to participants of all ages. Our partnerships help to generate more visibility for your brand and provide opportunities to connect with targeted audiences in the community through pre-event promotions and onsite engagement.
For more information, contact Darby Beasley, Community Events & Sponsorship Specialist, at 630.960.7256 or email@example.com.
Summer concert series
Every Tuesday, May 23-August 15
6 to 8:30pm (Concerts begin at 7pm)
Kick back, relax and enjoy free, live music all summer long at Veterans Memorial Pavilion in Fishel Park! The open-air concerts feature 12 weeks of rock, country, blues and oldies music starting at 7 pm. This family-friendly summer hotspot includes food trucks, beer and wine.
LIVE CONCERTS: 1,500-2,500 VISITORS PER WEEK
Saturday, Sept. 9
12 to 4pm
Join us for our first annual Dog Daze pet event at Fishel Park! Pack up your pooch and plan for a day of fun-filled activities for you and them! Pups will enjoy an agility course, peanut butter licking contest, splash zone and more! People will enjoy food trucks, pet vendors, live acoustic music and adult beverages. This event provides donations to West Suburban Humane Society.
ESTIMATED ATTENDANCE: 1,500 VISITORS
LINCOLN CENTER: This event encourages kids to unplug from devices and plug into recreation with free creative, fun activities. APPROXIMATELY 100-250 VISITORS
Party in the Park
CHOOSE FROM 2 PARTIES: Each pop-up Party in the Park provides outdoor games, activities and giveaways at neighborhood parks throughout the summer. APPROXIMATELY 100-250 VISITORS PER PARTY
Flag Football Combine Day
DOERHOEFER PARK: Kids kick off flag football season with skills and drills just like the pros! APPROXIMATELY 100-250 VISITORS
BARTH POND / PATRIOTS PARK: Families reel in hours of fun during the annual Fishing Derby in summer. Prizes are awarded for the shortest and longest fish caught by age. APPROXIMATELY 100-250 VISITORS
Candy Cane Lane
LINCOLN CENTER: Family-friendly event includes holiday crafts and activities, pictures with Santa, festive snacks and story time. APPROXIMATELY 150-200 VISITORS
New Year's Eve Party: Countdown to Noon
RECREATION CENTER: Countdown to noon with a special balloon drop featuring a DJ, games, activities and treats for the whole family. APPROXIMATELY 100-250 VISITORS
2022 sponsors & partners
As part of our strategic plan, Downers Grove Park District seeks to create meaningful relationships that can develop potential partnership opportunities.
Partnerships with community organizations, local businesses and other government agencies are essential for our success. Partnerships save tax dollars, help parks and recreation make life better in our community, and are the pathway to efficiency. Our goal moving forward is to secure partnerships to leverage existing resources for greater outcomes in serving you.
Thank you to our 2022 sponsors!
- The Eric Hamilton Team at Guaranteed Rate - 2022 Summer Concert Series
- Grove Dental Associates - The Big Bash 75th Anniversary Celebration
- Community Bank of Downers Grove - Dog Daze
- Jackson Family Dentistry - 2022 Family Events
- Aetna Medicare Solutions
- Ageless Men's Health
- Boyce Chiropractic
- Dick's Sporting Goods
- Downers Grove Public Library
- First Student
- Kim Moustis Group - Keller Williams Realty
- Lacey Creek Supportive Living
- Lexington Square
- Nina Elliot - Independent Insurance Broker
- Sterling Studio Kitchen and Bath Showroom
- True Balance Karate
- Trivent - Jared Brooks
- Trader Joe's
- The 450 Apartments
- Village of Downers Grove
- Forest Preserve District of DuPage County
- Chamber 630
- Pierce Downer Heritage Alliance
- Downers Grove Cougars Wrestling - YOUTH WRESTLING
- Downers Grove Economic Development Corporation
- Grove Players
- Grove Foundation
- Downers Grove Historical Society
- Downers Grove Downtown Management
- Downers Grove Heritage Preservation Corporation
- DG Noon Lions 5K Labor of Love
- Sports Affiliate Groups
The Downers Grove Park District supports local agencies and not-for-profit groups through in-kind donations such as golf course, miniature golf or fitness passes. Donations are available upon request to organizations with 501(c) status, or American tax-exempt, non-profit corporations or associations within the boundaries of Downers Grove. Donations for agencies outside of Downers Grove are made at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Organizations and fundraising activities may include:
To qualify, please send the following information no later than 30 days prior to your event:
- School fun fairs, student incentives, school functions, etc.
- Community agencies/organizations, neighborhood group events, churches, and other not-for-profit groups for their fundraising efforts.
Requests can be made via:
- Flier or letter describing the event including the organization's name, event name and date and purpose of the requested donation
- Letter of 501(c)3 status
- Email to Darby Beasley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to the Downers Grove Park District, Attn: Darby Beasley, 2455 Warrenville Road, Downers Grove, IL 60515