Happy & Healthy at Home: Idea #4
Thu March 19, 2020
Practice Preschool Skills
- Create a special art project for your teacher and give it to them when you return.
- Practice cutting with scrap paper.
- Practice counting noodles, buttons or objects around the house!
Play the “Sleeping” Game
- Have your child pretend they are sleeping and chant “sleeping…sleeping” and when you wake up you are a...
- At preschool we pick different animals, the child then pretends to act like that animal
- Chant “sleeping…sleeping” and start again
Play the “Yahoo” Game
- Use cards either numbers or letters
- Pick 1 or 2 cards that are the Yahoo cards
- When you flip to those cards your child dances and yells Yahoo.
- You can take it step farther and ask for letter sounds or have them count to that number
Have a Safari Hunt
- Gather your favorite stuffed animals
- Hide the animals
- Time to go on a Safari hunt around your house!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups salt
- 4 teaspoons cream of tarter
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix well
- Add food coloring of your choice
- Store in an air tight container
- 4 pinches baking soda (about 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 4-6 oz bottle of glue (glitter glue will work)
- 1.5 tablespoons contact lens solution
- add food coloring or paint for color
- Add ingredients in bowl mix well
- For a swirl like color stir color in slowly once it thickens
- For stretchier slime, add more warm water
- For slime with too much liquid add more baking soda
Create an Obstacle Course
- Use tape to mark the stations
- Jump over broom
- Crawl under two chairs with a string tied across
- Side step between two couch cushions that are standing up
- Hop into squares that were made with tape
- Create a line with tape and walk backwards
For a fun twist, have your child carry a stuffed animal or pillow while completing the course.
- Tunnel Tag: One play is It. When a player is tagged, he/she must remain frozen in place, with is legs spread apart, creating a tunnel. He can be unfrozen if a non-It player crawls under the leg tunnel. When all the players are frozen, a new It is chosen and play begins again.
- Turtle Tag: One person is It. If a chased player gets tagged, she becomes frozen until she is tagged by another non-It player. To avoid being tagged, players can lay down on their backs with their hands and feet in the air. Players can only remain safe like this for 10 seconds.
- Shipwrecked: One player is It. Before playing, designate safe zone circles. The number of safe zones is one fewer than the number of non-It players. When a player is in a safe zone, he cannot be tagged. Only one player is allowed in a safe zone at a time. Tip: determine how long a player can stay in a safe zone at any given time, such as 10 seconds. When a player is tagged, he becomes It.