Tue February 23, 2021
GARDEN PLOTS renewals begin jan. 25
The Mar-Duke Farm garden plots are located at 6800 S. Main Street, between Greenbriar Medical Center and Divine Savior Church. Full plots are approximately 20' x 30'. Half plots are approximately 20' x 15'. Six elevated plots, 4' x 11' are available on a first-come, first-served basis to persons with disabilities and gardeners who cannot work at ground level (one per person).
The Mar-Duke Phone number is 331.777.4355.
2021 GARDEN PLOT FEES
||Half Plots (26 available)
ADA Raised Beds (6 available)
|Senior Resident (Age 62+)
|Senior Non-resident (Age 62+)
||RENEWALS BEGIN: Gardeners may begin renewing up to four (4) non-organic or organic plots held in the 2020 season for the 2021 season. Raised bed gardeners may renew up to one (1) plot.
||RENEWAL DEADLINE: Renewal forms must be received by February 26 at 4pm. Forms may be emailed to email@example.com
||OPEN REGISTRATION: Plots not renewed by February 26 will be open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. Plots can be purchased online at dgparks.org or in person* during registration hours Monday-Friday from 8am to 4pm at the Lincoln Center located at 935 Maple Ave.
||PLOT EXCHANGES: Garden plot exchanged will be considered on or after March 8.
||ADDITIONAL ORGANIC PLOTS AVAILABLE: Gardeners who have four (4) organic plots reserved may obtain additional organic plots on a first-come, first-served basis from April 26 through May 28.
||DEADLINE FOR ALL GARDEN PLOT RENTALS
Gardeners may begin renewing up to four (4) non-organic or organic plots held in the 2020 season for the 2021 season. Raised bed gardeners may renew up to one (1) plot. Renewal forms must be received by February 26 at 4pm. Forms may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Plots not renewed by February 26 will be open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. Plots can be purchased online at dgparks.org or in person* during registration hours Monday-Friday from 8am to 4pm at the Lincoln Center located at 935 Maple Ave.
RENTAL RULES AND MODIFICATIONS
- Non-organic plots: Gardeners may reserve an unlimited amount of non-organic full plots during open registration.
- Organic plots: Gardeners may reserve a total of four (4) organic plots through April 25, which include plots that have been renewed. Additional organic plots if available can rented beginning April 26.
- Raised beds & half-sized plots: Households may reserve only one (1) each of Raised or Half-sized Plots throughout the season. Half-sizedplots are approximately 20 x 15 and a limited number are available.
*In-person registration is tentative and will depend on COVID-19 restrictions.
In accordance to Governor Pritzker's Executive Order and following CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Downers Grove Park District is asking gardeners to adhere to the following rules and guidelines. Additional general gardener rules are available in the Garden Plot Manual.
- It is CRUCIAL that you maintain social distancing during your visit to Mar-Duke Farm. This means keeping a 6-foot distance from others outside of your household.
- Playground is closed until further notice. Children should be supervised at all times and maintain social distance from others.
- If you are unable to maintain a 6-foot distance from others, we recommend wearing a face covering.
- Bring disinfectant wipes with you to wipe pump handles before and after use.
- Do not share tools with other gardeners. Wearing protective gloves is highly recommended.
- Please take home or properly dispose of any trash (facial tissues, used wipes, gloves, masks, food or drink refuse, etc.)
- No bathrooms or drinking fountain will be available in May (reopening to be determined).
- Parking is permitted on both sides of the road to enable social distancing.
- To assist with security at the garden plots, all registered gardeners will receive two parking tags. Tags should be displayed from the rearview mirror of your vehicle and be visible during your time at the garden plots. Further information on the distribution of the tags and more details of the program will be sent to you, as the season gets underway.
When the plots are ready to open for the season, gardeners will be notified through a variety of communication channels:
- An email will be sent to all registered gardeners.
- An announcement will be posted to this page.
- An announcement will be available on the Mar-Duke hotline at 331.777.4355.
To check the status of garden plots, to report a hydrant leak or other problem with the plots, please call 331.777.4355.
Should illegal activities, such as theft, alcohol use, malicious damage, illegal dumping, etc. be observed, please contact the Downers Grove Police Department at 630.434.5600.