Mon April 27, 2020
Garden Plots are now OPEN for the 2020 Season!
Please note: A plumbing issue may prevent you from irrigation water as we work to fix the issue. We hope to have this resolved as soon as possible!
We ask that gardeners adhere to the COVID-19 Rules and Modifications listed on the bottom of this page. They are also posted by each hydrant at the Farm, for your convenience. We look forward to a productive, enjoyable gardening season for all!
Gardeners are being notified about the opening through a variety of communication channels:
- An email will be sent to all registered gardeners.
- An announcement will be posted at dgparks.org.
- An announcement will be available on the Mar-Duke hotline at 331.777.4355.
PLEASE NOTE: Plots are closed until opened and announced by the Park District. Early planting is prohibited and may result in forfeiture of your plots.
SAFETY & SECURITY
To assist with security at the garden plots, all registered gardeners will receive two parking tags in the mail by May 15. Tags should be displayed from the rearview mirror of your vehicle and be visible during your time at the garden plots.
Should illegal activities, such as theft, alcohol use, malicious damage, illegal dumping, etc. be observed, please contact the Downers Grove Police Department at 630.434.5600.
NEW COVID-19 RULES AND MODIFICATIONS
In accordance to Governor Pritzker’s Executive Order and following CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Downers Grove Park District is asking gardeners to adhere to the following rules and guidelines. Additional general gardener rules are available in the Garden Plot Manual, which is available at dgparks.org/garden-plots.
- It is CRUCIAL that you maintain social distancing during your visit to Mar-Duke Farm. This means keeping a 6-foot distance from others outside of your household.
- Playground is closed until further notice. Children should be supervised at all times and maintain social distance from others.
- If you are unable to maintain a 6-foot distance from others, we recommend wearing a face covering.
- Bring disinfectant wipes with you to wipe pump handles before and after use.
- Do not share tools with other gardeners. Wearing protective gloves is highly recommended.
- Please take home or properly dispose of any trash (facial tissues, used wipes, gloves, masks, food or drink refuse, etc.)
- No bathrooms or drinking fountain will be available in May (reopening to be determined).
- Parking is permitted on both sides of the road to enable social distancing.
GARDEN PLOT RESERVATIONS ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH MAY 31!
LEARN MORE AND SIGN UP ONLINE