We're Hiring Summer Camp Counselors!
Mon February 20, 2023
Get ready for a summer you will never forget! Work with your peers as a role model and responsible leader for campers of all ages. Use your creativity and positive attitude to lead campers in a variety of fun activities, including group games, crafts, swimming, field trips, and more! Enjoy being outside and working at a job where you get to have fun all summer!
All interested applicants should plan to attend ONE of the group interview dates below.
- Group interviews are scheduled:
- Saturday, March 11, 2023: 9-11:30am
- Friday, April 14, 2023: 6-8:30pm
Group Interviews will be held at the Lincoln Center, 935 Maple Ave., Downers Grove, IL 60515.
What you get: This seasonal position pays $15 per hour and includes a free fitness membership to 4500 fitness.
When you’ll work:
- Summer Camp is scheduled Monday to Friday from June 12 to August 11 with trainings scheduled before the first week of camp.
- Camp Staff shifts will be scheduled between the hours of 7:00am-5:30pm. Staff will typically work 30-40 hours per week depending on their availability.
- No camp on 7/3 and 7/4.
- We allow for flexible scheduling at our camps however, consistent schedules are a preference.
A day in the Life:
- Greet guardians and campers as they arrive for drop off and pick up ensuring sign in and out procedures are done properly
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining the safety of all campers on weekly field trips and pool visits when applicable
- Communicate with guardians about daily activities and camper progress
- Understand, communicate, and assist in enforcing camp and Park District rules or policies
- Implement daily schedule and activities to keep campers excited, safe, and engaged
- Initiate spontaneous activities to accommodate agenda conflicts/changes
- Work collaboratively with camp staff and supervisors
- Assist in addressing camper behavior/disciplinary issues
- Maintain program supplies, equipment, and facility space
- Opportunities to assist in other areas of the park district including but not limited to special events, birthday parties, concessions, etc.
- 16 years of age or older
- Team orientated
- Responsible and reliable
- Able to multi-task
- Strong problem solving, judgement, and communication skills
- Can confidently lead a group of children of varying ages
- Previous experience working with children preferred
What sets us apart:
- Flexible hours
- Supportive and friendly coworkers
- Collaborative and connected management
- Develop your problem-solving, communication, and leadership experience
- Learn important life skills such as time management and influencing others
- Work for a Distinguished Agency Park District