January to June, 2021
The Downers Grove Park District's LINK Program will offer childcare during School District 58's Hybrid and Remote Learning Models. The LINK Program is designed to run opposite the PM in-person learning day for children in grades 1 to 6. During Hybrid Learning, participants in grades 1 to 6 will complete AM remote learning at the LINK. After lunch, children will be bussed to their schools for their onsite learning. After onsite learning is complete, children will be bussed back to the Lincoln Center for the after school portion of the day.
The program runs Monday to Friday from 7:45am to 5:00pm. This program will take place at the Lincoln Center where staff will supervise the learning environment and assist with logging into remote learning, basic computer questions and oversee the participant's daily school schedules. This program is best for independent learners as the LINK Program Staff are not educators or tutors, but rather facilitators for remote learning and are not responsible for any learning outcomes. Breaks for morning and afternoon snack and lunch will be given based on the school schedule. Following remote learning, participants will enjoy a variety of activities, games, crafts, and explore the outdoors. Children will utilize the secured LINK WiFi for remote learning.
- In the event that District 58 begins Hybrid Learning, but must take a temporary pause and switch back to remote learning, the LINK program will continue to run during the remote learning days.
- If District 58 announces a plan for an extended on-site learning day instead of the hybrid/remote learning plan, we will adapt the program and the price of the program accordingly.
- The LINK will be closed if school is switched to remote learning due to inclement weather.
- In order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we will not offer half-day or 2-4 day options for this program.
- The total fee for January 5 to June 8 (100 days of school) will be $4,300.
- $300 will be due upon registration.
- The remaining balance will be divided into 5 equal payments that will be automatically billed on the 15th of the months of January to May. The monthly billing amount will be $800/month
- Transportation is provided through a combination of First Student Busses, in partnership with School District 58, and park district owned and operated 15 passenger vehicles.
- Students will be bussed from the Lincoln Center to their schools for onsite learning 12:20-2:50pm.
- Once the onsite school day is complete students will be bussed back to the Lincoln Center where the after school day will take place from school dismissal until 5pm.
- Transportation routes will be determined based on the number of students enrolled in the LINK Hybrid Learning Program for each school. It is not guaranteed.
- If LINK enrollment is low at a particular school, the District may be unable to provide transportation
How to Register
- Availability is based on transportation needs.
- To inquire about possible enrollment, contact Samantha Donovan at email@example.com.