About the Program
Tuesday, Sept. 8 to Friday, Oct. 2 (19 school days) o 7:45am to 5:00pm
District 58 students in grades 1 to 6
Ratio: One staff member for every 4 to 6 students
Complete your school remote learning with the new LINK Remote Learning Program. This program will take place at the Lincoln Center where staff will supervise the learning environment and assist with logging into remote learning, basic computer questions and oversee the participant's daily school schedules. This program is best for independent learners as the LINK Program Staff are not educators or tutors, but rather facilitators for remote learning and are not responsible for any learning outcomes. Breaks for morning and afternoon snack and lunch will be given based on the school schedule. After the remote learning day is complete, participants will enjoy a variety of activities, games, crafts and explore the outdoors. Children will utilize the Lincoln Center public WiFi for remote learning. This program is scheduled to operate during School District 58's Remote Learning Phase (9/8-10/2). In the event that remote learning continues beyond this time, the LINK Remote Learning Program will be extended. Transportation is not provided to or from the Lincoln Center during this Remote Learning Phase. Note: The student to staff ratio may be 1:10 once remote learning is complete for the day.
- $1,130 for the full 19 school days (approximately $6.50/hour)
- $565 is due upon registration with a registration deadline of Sept. 1
- The remaining $565 will be billed through an automatic withdraw process on Sept. 15
How to Register
- Currently enrolled LINK participants will have priority registration for the LINK Remote Learning Program. Priority registration will end at 8:00am on Tuesday, Aug. 25. Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis and limited spots are available.
- Beginning at 8:00am on Tuesday, Aug. 25, any remaining spots will be available to any 1st to 6th grade student in District 58.
- If spots are not available, we strongly encourage families to enroll on the waitlist because as more staff is secured, additional students will be enrolled from the waitlist. We will do our best to accommodate as many students from the waitlist as we can allow based on our indoor capacity limits and staffing ratios.
- Please register online using the registration code: 4170M04-01
- Students of employees of District 58 and 99 are eligible to enroll at the resident rate.
The Park District had previously announced a new KinderLINK program to provide District 58 Kindergarteners with a full-day experience. Unfortunately, the District has made the difficult to decision to postpone our KinderLINK program at this time.
After receiving an overwhelming response and need for the LINK Remote Learning Program offered for grades 1-6, the District will allocate our current resources towards this program. Due to the increase of staffing needs due to the new LINK remote learning program, the Park District cannot currently meet the staffing needs of both the remote learning program and a new Kindergarten program given the short timeframe we were working within to develop these programs. However, we understand that families are also seeking a full-day experience for Kindergarteners and we will continue to work towards developing a Kindergarten-based program and hiring additional staff. Our plan is to begin offering the KinderLINK program once District 58 students have begun a form of in-person learning.
We apologize for this change in plans and thank you for your patience as we develop new opportunities as quickly as possible. We will continue working hard to offer new, quality programs to assist families during this challenging school year. As details are finalized, they will be shared with the community.