SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29
DG 5&8 Miler: 7:30 - 9:30 am
Harvest Fest: 10 am - 7 pm
Celebrate fall with a day of fun for the entire family at the Downers Grove Park District Harvest Fest! The day will kick off at 7:30 am with the DG 5&8 Miler--a scenic competitive race through Downers Grove. Enjoy live entertainment featuring The Rockin' Fenderskirts, Ethan Bell Band, Hi Infidelity and DJ Coach Josh. Kids will have a blast with bounce houses, crafts, face painting and more in the Fresh Thyme Children's Area. A handmade craft fair will feature over 20 vendors. Adults and children can participate in our pie-eating contest. A bags area will be sponsored by Alter Brewing Company. Local food trucks will serve up a bounty of good eats and adult beverages will be available for purchase.
Volunteers are needed for the DG 5&8 Miler on Saturday, Sept. 29 from 6 to 9:30 am. All volunteers will receive a long-sleeve tech shirt and a snack! This is an awesome opportunity for students looking for volunteer credits or for those looking for a fun way to give back to the community! To volunteer, call Brian DeWolf at 630.960.7468 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our sponsors!
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 AT 7:30AM
Celebrating 41 years of tradition!Our annual race will kick off a day of family fun at Harvest Fest! Racers can choose to compete in the 5- or 8-mile courses both starting at the Lincoln Center and finishing at Fishel Park. Both CARA-certified race options feature a rolling course through scenic Downers Grove. Awards are given to the top finishers in the male and female age divisions.
The first 500 registered racers receive:
Day-of registration will be available at the Lincoln Center from 6:15 to 7:15 am on Sept. 29.
5-mile option $55 8-mile option $65
Race Packet Pick UpRunners who have pre-registered by 4 pm on Wednesday, Sept. 26 may pick up their race packets including their bibs and shirts at the following locations:Thursday, Sept. 27 from 4 to 7 pm: Alter Brewing Company, 2300 Wisconsin Ave Ste 213Friday, Sept. 28 from 4 to 7 pm: Recreation Center, 4500 Belmont Rd.
Day-of packet pick up will be available at the Lincoln Center before the race.
- CARA: USATF Certification Number- 5 Miler IL17022WR / 8 Miler IL17023WR
- Parking: Recommended parking is in the parking garage located off Mochel Drive. Directions
- Start Line: The race begins at 7:30 am at the Lincoln Center located at 935 Maple Ave. Directions
- Race Course: There is a 2-hour maximum to complete the 5- and 8-mile distances. The race course will promptly close at 9:30 am and any runners still on the course will be piked up by bus and brought to the finish line at Fishel Park.
- Finish Line: Located at Fishel Park located on Grove Street. Racer snacks, medals and awards will be located near the finish line. Directions
- Gear Check: Available at the Lincoln Center starting at 6:30 am Gear pickup will be available at the finish line at Fishel Park.
- Water Stations: Four water stations will be available throughout the course as well as snacks at the finish line.
- Recommended Viewing Areas: Family and friends can find recommended viewing areas in our race map.
- Awards Ceremony: The awards ceremony will begin promptly at 9:30 am. An overall male and female winner of both 5- and 8-mile distances will be awarded. Awards will be given to the first-place male and female finishers in each of the following age divisions: 19 & Under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & Over
- Strollers: Participation with strollers or baby joggers is allowed, however those participants must start at the rear of the race. The race bibs are chipped so this will not affect your race time.
- Restrictions: Bicycles, in-line skates, other wheeled vehicles (except wheelchairs and hand cranks) and dogs are not allowed on the race course.
- Event Alert System: Prior to the race, please become familiar with our event alert system for weather and course conditions. Read EAS information
- Inclement Weather Policy: Race officials will be monitoring any inclement weather throughout the day of the race. The event will continue as scheduled in the circumstance of rain but will be delayed if any lightning moves into the area. The race will begin no later than 8 am. If inclement weather causes a delay that would result in a start time after 8 am, the event will be cancelled. Any updates related to weather will be distributed via speakers at the event and on Downers Grove Park Districts official social media channels.
- Timing Policy: The overall winner (for each gender) must be determined by actual order of finish/gun time. At the race's discretion, all other placings may be determined by either actual order of finish/gun time or by chip time. The method in use will be announced prior to the start and in pre-event online information.
- To insure accurate timing make sure your race number is:
- Clearly visible on the front of the torso.
- Unaltered and unmodified (Do not fold or wrinkle).
- Pinned in all four corners.
- Not covered (jackets, runner belts, water bottles, etc.).
- Race Results: Results will include each finisher's place, full name, gender and finishing time provided in overall place by gender and by award categories. CLICK HERE
- Entry Fees: All race entry fees are non-refundable.
- Contact Info: Michelle Varys 630.960.7469 for race information.
Volunteers are needed for the DG 5&8 Miler on Saturday, Sept. 29 from 6:30 to 9:30 am. All volunteers will receive a long-sleeve tech shirt and a snack! This is an awesome opportunity for students looking for volunteer credits or for those looking for a fun way to give back to the community! To volunteer, call Brian DeWolf at 630.960.7468 or email at email@example.com.