Saturday, AUG. 29, 2020
8 AM START
Post-race Picnic In The Park featuring BBQ - Beer - Kid Activities
McCollum Park | 6801 Main St, Downers Grove, IL
Distance Through June 20 June 21 to Aug. 27 Aug. 28 to 29 5K $35 $40 $45 1M $30 $35 $40
TEAMSGroups of 4 or more get $5 off per racer! Teams must register by Aug. 27.
Distance Through June 20 June 21 to Aug. 27 5K $30 $35 1M $25 $30
social distancingThe Downers Grove Park District anticipates that social distancing requirements and additional event modifications may be required in August for the BBQ Bolt. We are planning for potential modifications and are working with our race management provider to develop adjustments such as starting the race in heats of smaller groups, etc. Additional information will be provided in August.
What do you receive?
5K and 1-Mile registrants will receive a short-sleeve technical T-shirt. Register by Aug. 7, 2020, to guarantee a T-shirt in your preferred size.
MEDALS & AWARDS
All participants will receive a finisher's medal. Awards given to the overall top 3 male and female finishers in the 5K. Age category awards for the top 3 male and female finishers in the 5K: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 and 70+. No awards given for 1-Mile.
PICNIC IN THE PARK
Every registered participant (even kiddos!) will get to enjoy a "Picnic in the Park" complete with BBQ, beer and beverage!
Groups of 4 or more can create a TEAM and receive a discount on registration! Members of a team can participate in any distance they choose. If you are a family of 4 or more, create a team and receive the discount! Discount of $5 per registrant will take place during checkout. Teams must register by Aug. 27.
- CREATE A TEAM: The person creating the team will first register themselves by picking the race distance of their choice and then under the TEAM section of the registration form, they will choose to "create the team", pick a team name, create a password and include themselves on the team.
- JOIN A TEAM: Team members select the race distance they want to participate in and then in the TEAM section of the registration page, pick "choose to be added to a team" and pick from the team names in a drop down menu.
The BBQ Bolt supports Downers Grove Park District's inclusion services, through SEASPAR, for people with disabilities who want to participate in a park district program or activity.
The 5K course will be chip timed and is for runners and walkers. Participants must keep at least a 16-minute pace. The course starts at McCollum Park, continues on neighborhood streets and finishes at McCollum Park. Strollers and dogs are permitted on the 5K course. Dogs must be leashed and kept close to you at all times. Please be mindful of runners around you.
The 1-Mile Walk will not be chip timed and is for WALKERS ONLY. The walk course will take place on the path that loops around McCollum Park. Strollers and dogs are permitted on the 1-Mile course. Dogs must be leashed and kept close to you at all times. Please be mindful of others around you.
Friday, Aug. 28 from 3-7 PMRecreation Center (Multipurpose Room) located at 4500 Belmont Rd., Downers Grove
You may also pick up your race packet on race morning starting at 6:30 AM at McCollum Park
Thank you for your willingness to volunteer at the BBQ Bolt. This race would not be possible without your involvement. There are a number of positions open that we will need help at. Depending on your availability the morning of the event we can use your help in possibly more than one area. To help you decide which position might be best for you, here is a brief description and approximate time for each position.
- 5K Course Helper: Direct runners along the course at various intersections. Cell phone required for communication purposes. Hours: 6:30-10 AM
- 1-mile Course Helper: Assist with the 1-mile Walk/Run and the Kids' Dash. Hours: 7:30-9:30 AM
- Check-in and Bib Pickup: Assist pre-registered participants with check-in. Hours: 6-8:15 AM
- T-Shirt/Goody Bag Distribution: Provide participants with their shirt and goody bag. Hours: 6-8:30 AM
- Food and Water Station at Finish Line: Handing out water and food as participants finish. Hours: 8-10 AM
- Finish Line Medals: Provide racers with their medal at the finish of the race. Hours: 8-10 AM
- Clean Up: Help with general clean-up of site. Hours: 10-11:30 AM
- Greeter/Directors: Help greet and direct racers. Hours: 6-8 AM
Thank you all of our 2019 BBQ Bolt Run/Walk participants!