Downers grove park District's 75th anniversary celebration
Inspiring memorable experiences since 1946
For the last 75 years, the Downers Grove Park District has enriched our community through natural area preservation and exceptional recreation, parks, and facilities that inspire memorable experiences. With almost 600 acres of parks and facilities, there are thousands of opportunities for individuals of all ages and interests to grow, play, imagine and explore.
Beginning in June, the Downers Grove Park District will celebrate our history and look ahead to the future through a plethora of events and activities over the coming year.
Summer Events & Activities
|June 8||Mini golf for 75 cents at Miner Mike's Adventure Golf||Learn more|
|June 17||75 cent concessions at Miner Mike's Adventure Golf||Learn more|
|June 19||DGPD History Exhibit Opening & Reception at Downers Grove Museum||Register|
|July 1||Picture This! 75th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt Begins||See below|
|July 13||Mini golf for 75 cents at Miner Mike's Adventure Golf||Learn more|
|July 21||Party in the Park: Hoopers Hollow Park||Register|
|July 22||75 cent concessions at Miner Mike's Adventure Golf||Learn more
|July 24||McCollum Madness Basketball Tournament||CANCELED|
|July 29||Party in the Park: Prince Pond Grand Re-opening (Rescheduled)||Learn more|
|Aug. 3||Mini golf for 75 cents at Miner Mike's Adventure Golf||Learn more|
|Aug. 12||75 cent concessions at Miner Mike's Adventure Golf||Learn more|
|Aug. 28||BBQ Bolt Run/Walk||Register beginning May 1|
|Sept. 23||Party in the Park at Gilbert Park||Register|
|Dec. 5||"It's a Wonderful Life" Trivia Night||Register|
picture this! dgpd 75th anniversary scavenger hunt
JULY 1 TO SEPT. 6
Celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the Downers Grove Park District as you discover secret spots, explore hidden landmarks and delve into the history of the Park District on this mobile photo scavenger hunt for all ages! Participate as a family, team or as an individual.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Beginning July 1, click the link to register and download the FREE Scavr app (available through your Apple Store or Google Play).
- 12 challenges with instructions and clues will be released on July 1 through the Scavr mobile app.
- Post photos of your completed challenges by Sept. 6.
- Complete 10 of the 12 challenges and win a DGPD 75th Anniversary T-shirt. (Participants will be emailed on Sept. 7 for t-shirt pickup instructions.)
- All participants will be entered for a chance to win a special grand prize giveaway.
DGPD 75th Anniversary Exhibit
The Downers Grove Museum is open by appointment/reservation only. This includes self-guided and guided tours, along with access to the Museum's research library and archival collection. A face covering is required to be worn at all times while inside the facility and hand sanitizer will be available. To make a reservation, please call us at 630.963.1309 or reserve a time online.
Growing the Grove Tree Donation Program
For the last 75 years, the Downers Grove Park District has enriched the community through natural area preservation. Beginning in June, the Downers Grove Park District will celebrate its 75th anniversary by planting 75 trees! Together, we can expand the urban canopy in Downers Grove and enhance our natural areas through a year-long tree donation program. Downers Grove Park District will match $75 donations to plant 75 new 15-gallon trees throughout the community's parks in addition to planting two new groves at O'Brien Park and Hoopers Hollow Park.
$75 tree donors will receive:
- An invitation to a special outdoor reception to be hosted at O'Brien Park in April of 2022
- Commemorative 75th Anniversary Tree Donor Pin
- A Certificate of Appreciation
- Recognition on permanent signage at O'Brien Park and Hoopers Hollow Park
- Donor recognition on the District's website and in the 2022 Spring Recreation Guide
- Satisfaction in knowing you helped to make our parks a more beautiful and healthy place for the community to enjoy