This park, and the street on which it is located, were named after Benjamin Randall, an early resident of Downers Grove. In 1873, Mr. Randall was one of several residents who signed a petition for incorporation into the Village of Downers Grove. The Park District purchased Randall Park in 1948, only two years after the District's inception. Later, in the 1960's, two lots on the west edge of the park became available and were purchased from the Randall family, which doubled the size of the park. Up until this time the park had included two tennis courts, playground equipment, and open space. With the additional land, a baseball field was added and the playground equipment relocated to the west side of the park. This still allowed a large, open area to the south that remains today.
Randall Park is located at the southwest corner of Randall Avenue and Park Street. This popular neighborhood park serves both active and passive recreational interests with attractive mature trees throughout, a well-shaded playground, a small baseball field, two lighted tennis courts, and an open play area. The two tennis courts include lights that are operated by push-button activation, and may be used until 10:00 p.m. daily.
Dawn to Dusk except evenings when permitted lighted activity (operational, artificial lighting) is occurring. The park will close immediately after lights are turned off until dawn the following day. No person shall remain in park system unless a permit is granted in advance. Security lighting shall not be considered operational, artificial lighting.
No improvements are currently planned for the upcoming construction season.