Recreation and Fitness Center
4500 Belmont Road
Downers Grove, IL 60515
(630) 960-7251 - Fax
The Recreation Center, a 69,000 sq. ft. facility was opened in 2003. The facility offers the community a 5,200 sq. ft. full service Fitness Center and 3 group exercise studios. A 19,800 sq. ft. gymnasium can be converted into three full-size basketball courts, six full-size volleyball courts or 16 badminton courts. A three-lane indoor track overlooks the gym. Childcare is available through Kidzone for recreation center users. A multipurpose room can be divided into two separate 1,035 sq. ft. rooms and feature access to an outdoor terrace and amphitheater seating area. The building is also home to the South East Association of Special Parks and Recreation (SEASPAR), which provides recreation opportunities to individuals with special needs who live in ten Park Districts, including Downers Grove.
|Recreation Center Registration Hours||Fitness Center Hours|
|Monday-Friday||8 am - 8 pm||Monday-Friday||5 am - 10 pm|
|Saturday||8 am - 3 pm||Saturday||6 am - 7pm|
|Sunday||8 am - 3 pm||Sunday||7 am - 6pm|
Online Rental Availability
To view online availability, click on REC Connect. Once on the REC Connect home page, select your desired facility type located under the 'Facility by Type' options at the bottom of the page. Fill in the required information questions. If you would like to narrow your search options, expand the 'Show Search Criteria' for more options. Click 'Search' to view availability. If you have any questions, please call the Lincoln Center at (630) 963-1300 or the Recreation Center (630) 960-7250.
To reserve online, a Username and Password is required. If you already have a Username and Password, click here to log-in and reserve your space. If you require a Username and Password, click on REC Connect then click on 'Need an account?' If you have forgotten your password click here.
Please note: Rental requests less than 3 days in advance cannot be processed online. Please call our registration office at 630-963-1300 and staff will try to accommodate your request.
Did you know?
The Recreation Center is a green facility in many ways:
- Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs (CFLs) or LED lights for recessed or can lighting
- Lighting Upgrades -T-8 overhead lighting
- Motion sensors on lights in mostly empty rooms (offices)
- Energy efficient windows installed
- Windows & doors adequately sealed
- No dripping faucets, fountains in the building (waste reduction)
- Low flow faucets
- Low flow toilets
- Native plant landscaping
- Sky light in lobby “free” light for natural lighting
- Indoor Plants (golden pothos & peace lily are best air cleaners)
- Entrance mats of appropriate length at entrances
- Effective recycling program in place (plastic, paper, cardboard, aluminum, steel, glass)
- Foam Soap (reduces soap usage by 75%)
- Bike racks for employees and residents
Rotating Art Display
To add to the beauty of the facility, the Park District is inviting local artists to display their artwork on a temporary basis. This is a unique opportunity for artists' work to be exposed to many people within the community.
For more information, download the full packet and application here.